Saee (also spelled Sa’i) is one of the five pillars of Hajj and Umrah, the two major pilgrimages in Islam. It is a ritual of walking or running back and forth seven times between the two hills of Safa and Marwa, which are located adjacent to the Kaaba in the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
The act of Saee is a way of commemorating the story of Hajar, the wife of Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him). When Hajar was left in the desert with her infant son Ismail, she ran between Safa and Marwa seven times in search of water. After her seventh run, she found water gushing forth from the ground, which is now known as the Zamzam Well.
The Significance of Saee
Saee is a symbolic act of perseverance and devotion. It represents Hajar’s determination to find water for her son, and it reminds pilgrims of the importance of seeking Allah’s mercy and guidance. Saee is also a physical challenge, which can help pilgrims to humble themselves before Allah and to appreciate the blessings of water.
How to Perform Saee
Saee is performed in the following manner:
- Start at Safa.
- Walk or run towards Marwa.
- When you reach Marwa, turn around and walk or run back to Safa.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 seven times.
It is recommended to walk during the first three rounds of Saee, and to run during the final four rounds. However, pilgrims who are unable to walk or run may perform Saee by walking or rolling on a wheelchair.
Duas to Recite During Saee
There are many duas that can be recited during Saee. Some of the most common duas include:
- “La ilaha illallah, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadir.” (There is no god but Allah, He is One, He has no partners, His is the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is over all things capable.)
- “Ya Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, and guide me.”
- “Ya Allah, accept my Hajj or Umrah.”
Saee is a physically and spiritually challenging ritual, but it is also a rewarding one. It is a chance for pilgrims to reflect on the story of Hajar, to reaffirm their faith in Allah, and to seek His forgiveness and guidance.
#Perform #Saee #Hajj #StepbyStep #Guide